Sunday, May 22, 2011

My New Home

So, I've been in this country for two weeks, and I need to pick up the pace to get more current on this blog.

Welcome to my home. You see here my bedroom, living room, entertainment center (which is now under my desk)

Next, my kitchen, dining room, laundry room, closet/dryer, and storage area. What can I say, I live in luxury. =D
And here is the all-important bathroom. Notice the showerhead on the wall? That's right, to the uninformed, the entire bathroom is the shower area. I have my routine now, but it's still a very conscious thing to shower.

You can't beat the view.
One very important detail that was left out is that hot water needs to be turned on before you use it. I took two cold showers and assumed that hot water wasn't available until someone told me the function of this:

The right side is the water, the left side is the heating.

It's a simple set-up, but it's clean. And actually I like the simplicity. I'm slowly getting to know my neighborhood, I've been so focused on knowing Seoul the City that it took me one and a half weeks to walk around the block in the direction away from the station.

2 comments:

  1. Pete, this is awesome. Wow, wild differences, huh? Have you called Nathan and Krista yet? You should hook up with them and the family when you get a free day. I know, I know, do what you want...hope it's been a blast so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool to see this! A bathroom being an entire shower!? It's funny because I actually have my washer/dryer in my kitchen next to the stove! :)

    ReplyDelete